The HHPN is a not-for-profit incorporated organisation consisting of members from a range of different practitioner modalities based in the South West of Western Australia. The aims of the network are:
1. To successfully support members by developing a holistic communication strategy that enables health practitioners to be informed about local services and have input into community events.
2. To provide networking and information-sharing opportunities to members through regular meetings.
3. To improve community health and knowledge by promoting wellness by local health professional service providers.
4. To hold free community events, including panel discussions & workshops, that bring together holistic health professionals and community members with the aim of providing education about how to create wellness in a positive and engaging way.
5. To act at all times in a non-discriminatory manner regardless of race, religion, sex, political affiliation of any person.
6. To liaise and seek opportunities from government and non-government organisations to secure sponsorship and donations to enable development of free community health events.
The network currently has over 140 members. An elected committee oversee the day-to-day operation of the HHPN. HHPN meetings are held four times per year, and all members are welcome to attend. A sub-committee of self-selected members form the South West Wellness Expo organising committee. The South West Wellness Expo is a free annual event held in Busselton in October for all community members to attend and learn about the Wellness services available in the region. To find out more, click here